The Western Australia Karate Federation (WAKF) is calling for applications for a Casual Vacancy Board Director Position in accordance with its current Constitution.
WAKF is the peak governing body for Karate in Western Australia.
The sport values a diversity of people, relevant skills and experience amongst the Board of Directors. In particular, the Board are currently seeking a director who can think strategically and have one or more of the following skills:
- Community engagement and development.
- Industry Knowledge
The above skills have been identified by the WAKF Board as preferred rather than essential and should not limit any applications.
In setting the above “skills list,” the WAKF Board considered the following:
- WAKF’s Strategic and Operational Plan.
- WAKF’s Good Governance Principles which embrace the best practice of a skills-based board, which includes gender diversity to support diverse decision-making.
- The expertise required to support the current and future organisational needs of the WAKF.
- 2023 WAKF Board Skills Matrix
To apply for the position, applicants are requested to send:
- A cover letter that addresses the skills, attributes and experience required for the position.
- A current curriculum vitae
- Any other supporting documentation
Please send your application to email@example.com by 5 pm, 04 February 2024 addressed to the WAKF Chair with the subject line: Application – WAKF Casual Board Director.
All relevant governance and policy documents are available on the WAKF website. https://karatewestaustralia.com
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Tom Pettitt (WAKF Chairperson) @ firstname.lastname@example.org