WAKF Events Committee – New for 2023 –
The WAKF are now calling for nominations from the community who wish to be part of the WAKF Events Committee.
Nominations close on 13 January 2023
If you are interested, please fill in the online nomination form and submit the form before the closing date.
- Ensure the smooth delivery of tournaments and competitions held in WA, which comply with WAKF policies and processes, sport standards and legislation.
- Assist with delivering the strategic event outcomes as in the WAKF Strategic Plan.
- Maintain, review, and update the WAKF Event Rules and Guidelines as required.
- Assist with recruiting and retaining events volunteers.
- Assist as required to the WAKF with the development of the annual event budget, and report to the budget as required.
Committee Positions Available
- Committee Members X 2
The Chairperson is required to have leadership skills and experience in event management and or karate events.
The Chairperson and Committee Members can be a Head of Style, Club Owner, Coaches, Referees or a member of the karate community.
The other committee members are appointed by the WAKF Board and include a WAKF Board Member and WAKF Staff Member.
- The positions are for a two year term.
- The Event Committee can appoint independent member/s as required by the Committee for identified projects.
- Other WAKF staff members may also be appointed to the committee for identified projects as required.
- A WAKF event is any tournament and or competition held in WA that is held under the WAKF structure, guidelines, policies and process. This includes hosting the Australian Karate Federation National Championships, any other national events and international events the WAKF organises.
- Events Committee Terms of Reference
For further information, please refer to the Events Committee Terms of Reference or contact the Executive Officer at email@example.com